Baby bean is growing fast and i have been looking into Baby led weaning. Its not a knew fandangled weaning technique, its just that it now has a name. I'm pretty sure it was what my grandparents and great grandparents did with their children. It seems like common sense to me, baby bean has been watching us closely whenever we drink from a cup or glass, whenever we eat and put things to our mouth and she is even trying to grab things from my plate and put in her mouth. It seems as if it is all natural to her, she already feeds herself from my boob so why not with food?

I 've been looking into this and researching as much as i can. I have been reading the only book i can find about it, Baby-led Weaning by Gill Rapley & Tracey Murkett, which has been a great insight into the pros and cons of this method.

There are also some fantastic mums out there who are sharing their experiances on the web, below are a few of the sites i have found extremely useful:
We still need to wait a little while till baby bean can sit unaided and upright till she joins us from every meal but for now she has been enjoying sucking on a couple of pieces of fruit whenever i have one myself...