On my birthday i received some pruning equipment form my parents in law. I booked a Sunday to crack on with the remainder of the pruning and got stuck in... maybe a little too stuck in! Once i got pruning that was it, i couldn't stop and i have taken the tree right back! They haven't been pruned in years and i just thought I'd make sure they were well done so that in a couple of years they will be producing the most loveliest big apples!


The tree that produced the most last year was my favourite bramley apple tree that was so over grown it would scratch my car when i parked in the drive... its looking a little sad now though!
and here's Molly guarding one of the piles of twigs, soon to be chopped into kindling...


In the top picture you can see the new Willow dome that was built for Daisy as her 18th birthday present from Alcindo the garden wizard. I took a few pictures of them constructing it...

Daisy came out to help, bit of head scratching here!











Finished! Now we just need to water it once every 2 weeks for the roots to become established and we have our living willow dome! Lovely work Alcindo!


I've got a little excited too soon about starting a vegetable patch and I've sown some tomato seedlings already. I was starting to think I'd made a mistake when nothing was happening but HOORAH! a few have sprouted over the weekend...



14 out of 40, not bad!