YUM YUM! My step dad John has his own fishing boat and we're lucky to have a steady flow of fresh fish to eat thanks to him. Its mostly been mackerel this year which we season and grill, usually eaten with some jersey royals with butter and salad. Today we were given 3 bream, filleted and de-boned and i was wondering how i was going to cook it when i noticed my mums batter recipe stuck up in her kitchen. We quite like the odd fish finger butty so i thought I'd make some goujons. Its so easy!


Batter Recipe
200g self raising flour and extra for dusting.
330ml bottle of lager

Mix the flour and lager in a bowl whisking together till combined. If its too think, add more lager.

I put some flour on a plate for rolling the goujons in before dipping in the batter. This helps the batter stick to the fish when your frying. I had a hot pan of vegetable oil which i had let heat up for about 5-10 minutes so it was really hot.
So, piece of fish onto plate of flour, roll about, dip in batter, place gently into boiling hot fat! It will take no longer than 2 minutes. I did them in batches of about 5-6 so it didn't get to overcrowded. Spoon out with a slotted spoon into a bowl lined with kitchen roll and TA DA! Yummy goujons!


We had ours with some boiled potatoes, salad and a couple of pieces of buttered bread.



On the baby bean front, i wanted to write somewhere some memories i may forget about her growing up if i don't write them down.

Sometimes when she is lying in my arms, she reaches up and strokes my eyelashes. Just gently strokes them with her fingers. I don't want to forget that!