So, inspired by the Daring Bakers but too scared to commit to the group I have decided to challenge myself at my own pace!

After a day trip to France in March I ate my way through about 20 delicious and perfect macarons from a Dinard and decided to conquer them once and for all!

I followed a recipe from Ruth Clemens from The Pink Whisk.
 I wont go into the recipe as it is all there on the link!

Here is a little close up of their "feet", They didn't quite rise as i much as I'd hoped and i had to put them back in the oven a second time as they weren't cooked all the way through but you live and you learn!


I bought some pink gel food colouring and added chocolate sprinkles before cooking.

I filled them with chocolate ganache laced with Jack Daniels. I must admit that the ganache was a bit heavy, i think I over indulged and added too much. I'm going to try a buttercream icing next time.
 
 Here is the finished result! I really enjoyed making them and it was my first time playing with a piping bag. I loved it!