DRIBBLE!!!!! I have been really getting into cooking blogs recently. I have spent many many hours dribbling and daydreaming about the creations that other people out there are creating. One of my favourite blogs I have discovered is Sweetapolita a blog by Rosie who is amazingly talented.


I love the look of layered cakes when you slice in and discover layer upon layer of yummy cake!
On Rosie's site, one particular cake stood out to me and it was the Triple Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake!


I rarely partake in the eating of blueberries as when i pick up the tubs in the supermarket they are rarely British and usually from Morocco, but this cake certainly changed my mind! I'll keep in mind now that the UK blueberry season is from June till August so there is a wide window for more of this cake to come!


Here is the recipe I used...

Triple-Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake

I had some lemon curd in the fridge that my friend had made so I used that in the filling, i think if you used the frosting as filling it would be way too sweet and the lemon curd gives it a zingy kick.

This was my first time frosting a whole cake and i really wanted to make an effort. I loved piping the little dots around the base and top and it gave me the confidence to try more! I am looking forward to more icing and more eating!